The silicone hoses Vena® Sil 640 are odorless, tasteless and completely non-toxic and they have excellent resistance to thermal aging and oxidizing agents (oxygen, ozone, UV).
Specially recommended for the transport of liquid and semi-liquid fluids in the food, cosmetic, chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
For use in straight sections equipped with metal fittings, where flexibility is not required. This model is often used to detect metal particles in food filling machines such cream or baby food.
Product manufactured with platinum-catalyzed silicone in absence of peroxides and specially reinforced with 4 plies of polyester fabric.
Can be equipped with 316L stainless steel fittings on each end with a rugosity value of less than 0.8µm.
It is possible to produce a more reinforced version named Vena® Sil 640 MIF, manufactured with a special high tenacity polyester fabric for higher pressures.
Inner: Translucent and smooth.
Outer: Translucent, white or colored, and smooth.
-60ºC / +180ºC (-76ºF / +356ºF)
It may reach up to 200ºC (392ºF) for short periods of time.
The standard manufacturing length is 4m (13’ 12’').
Upon request, 6m length hoses (19' 8'') can be manufactured.
Diameters (in mm):
Diameters (in inch):
1/4,5/16,3/8,1/2,5/8,3/4,7/8,1,1 1/4,1 1/2,2,2 1/2,3,4
Working and bursting pressure determinate with pressure tests according ISO 1402/2004.
This type of hose is not recommended for applications with negative pressure (vacuum).
- US FDA (Foods and Drugs Administration) Standard 21 CFR 177.2600
- German BfR Standard part XV
- USP Class VI standard (70ºC) Biological Reactivity Tests, In Vivo
- ISO 10993-6, 10993-10, 10993-11
- 1935/2004/EC Regulation and European Council Resolution AP 2004 (5) – silicones and 10/2011/EC (Migration Test)
- Odorless, tasteless and completely non-toxic.
- Excellent resistance to thermal aging and oxidizing agents (oxygen, ozone, UV)