Industrial hoses installation guidelines
Proper hose installation is essential to maximize hose life and following these basic guidelines when installing a hose will insure a longer time between servicing and the need to replace the hose. Please read carefully the following indications regarding safety, installation, proper use and storage of Venair industrial hoses:
- Hose and clamps must be fitted only by a qualified professional operator.
- Hoses are subjected to monitoring under industrial safety regulations.
- The laws, standards and directives applicable to the country in which the hose assembly is used must be considered.
- When hose assemblies have been in contact with dangerous substances, is customer responsibility the correct treatment after use according to the current country legislation
To ensure the operability of hose, the following principles should be considered:
- Ensure correct hose clamps and their attachment for the application.
- In operation hoses must never be subjected to stresses by external influences in terms of traction, torsion and compression unless specifically designed for such loads.
- The minimum bend radius of the hose specified by the manufacturer must be observed.
- Hose must be protected from damage caused by mechanical, thermal or chemical influences from outside.
- Use the hose assembly for the service indicated in the TDS or for the service recommended by Venair in the viability study.
- Observe the maximum working pressure or permissible vacuum value in the TDS. Working pressure value should never be exceeded, including pressure spikes.
- Always use appropriate chemical resistance charts to verify that the chemical or product conveyed is compatible with the hose.
- Never use any Venair hose outside the temperature limits marked on the TDS.
- All hoses should be internally inspected prior to each use for evidence of tube restriction due to collapse, kinking, or other damage.
- All hoses should be externally inspected prior to each use for evidence of discoloration, bubbles, wire damage, cracks or loose spots.
- In case of visible internal or external damages, do not put the hose into service. Hoses replacement criteria based on visual inspection includes among others, displacement of layers, displacement of wire helix from their normal pitch, signs of displacement of fittings or leakage in the ends, reinforcement fabric exposed, wire corrosion, dents, kinks or abrasion in both internally and externally.
- When storing our products, the ISO 2230 “Rubber products – Guidelines for storage –” must be complied with.
- During storage ensure it is kink-free and nothing is weighing on the hoses.
- Handle the hose with care.
- Don’t drag it over the floor.
- Roll goods must not be dragged but carefully rolled down.
For more information get in contact with our quality engineers and sales advisors.